Meet "Nanette"

How to Donate

Nanette's online donation button is in the upper right hand of the side bar of this blog. You can click here to donate via credit card or PayPal! If you would like to mail a check, please do so to the following address: Reece's Rainbow; PO Box 4024; Gaithersburg, MD 20885. Write "Nanette-Angel Tree" in the memo line! All donations ARE tax deductible.

Thursday, November 29, 2012

Thinking About You

Dear Nanette,
Many of the mommas who have blogs write to the children they are adopting in letter form on their blogs. While I am sadly not able to be your momma, I want to write to you today. I want you to know that each and every day, many, many times a day, I think of you.

My heart hurts knowing that you are in a new place where you do not know anyone, and no one knows you. I know your baby house was a loving place that was as much like a home as any orphanage could be, and I worry about where you are now. I have heard it isn't a terrible place, but an institution is no place for a sweet little girl your age.  It just isn't.  I also know that you must have wondered as your friends mommas and daddies came and visited, where were your mom and dad? I know that you have been held and loved by families coming to get their children, and I wish that I knew a family would come for you. I wonder if when your baby house director prepared you to move to the institution, did you think that she was preparing you for a your mom and dad to come visit? I am glad for all of your friends, held over at the baby house, waiting for their committed parents to come, but then I struggle with why you were not chosen. How, after all of this time, did no one's heart explode with love when they saw your sweet face?  I know I would come and get you in an instant if I could, but God does not seem to have that in the cards for me.

Nanette, I will keep fighting to raise your grant so that you can come home. I will keep working to ensure that you are not forgotten and that your story is heard. I will keep posting your picture and keep advocating for you as long as you still wait.

I am planning a few more things to try and reach your AT goal. We are just a little under $400.00 away from the goal. It seems like so much, yet so did $250, so did $500.00. So I just know we will get there sweetie. When Angel Tree is over, I plan to keep donating and sharing to help your parents find you.

Love you!
Your AT Warrior

No comments:

Post a Comment